We know Shane Schoeller. He has a track record of professional integrity and conservative values in both the private and public sectors. Along with many others in Greene County who have endorsed Shane, we can trust him with one of the cornerstones of our nation since its founding, the local elections process.
We can have confidence in Shane’s vision for this office. His plans and priorities are on target:
- In response to the issue of our voting equipment reaching the end of its projected lifespan, one of Shane’s first priorities as Clerk will be to research the best voting equipment available and determine how best to pay for it.
- Preserving and carrying forward Greene County’s excellent tradition of elections that are law abiding, transparent and trusted by all voters.
- The Greene County archives is a wonderful resource for historians, scholars, and genealogists. It is important to continue preserving our history, and to do all we can to share our rich and colorful local history through every avenue possible.
- Ensuring a seamless working relationship between the County Assessor and the Collector of Revenue, to ensure that all tax-paying residents pay their fair share of necessary taxes, no more and no less.
- Ensuring that every charge to the county is properly examined by Accounts Payable staff before it is approved. Proper bills should be paid accurately and on time, including the county’s payroll and purchases from suppliers.
- Businesses are forced to deal with far too much paperwork and red tape. The present licensing functions for auctioneers and spirit sales work efficiently and effectively, and should be maintained in good order.
- The Notary of Public is an important role to help protect the public in many business transactions and legal documentation. I will continue helping this area of the office continue without interruption or delay.
Shane’s reputation for trustworthiness has garnered support from many local and state elected officials.